As of May 2016, Kirklees Council will be implementing a charge for all bulky waste collections. This will be:
- £5 per bulky item – e.g sofas, wardrobes, chest of drawers, beds, tables, chairs
- £20 per electrical item – e.g microwaves, fridges, freezers, TVs
On top of this, anyone currently booking a bulky waste collection with the council will need to:
- Carry all the items outside
- Have the items outside their house for up to 6 weeks
- Pay up front in advance
Why you should choose DC Waste for a bulky waste collection
However, at DC Waste, we like to make sure that our customers get a high level of service and get the service they are looking for in a quick and efficient manner. (see our feedback!)
If you choose DC Waste to take away your bulky waste:
- You won’t have to lift your heavy furniture outside – we’ll do that for you
- You won’t have to leave your items outside for up to 6 weeks – we can normally collect in 1 – 3 days.
- You won’t have to pay until the item is loaded
With the council beginning to charge for bulky waste collections and the cost of landfill increasing every year it won’t be long before the fees start to increase.
There are several changes in the works for waste services in Kirklees. From April 2016 household waste recycling centres won’t accept certain DIY wastes such as soil, rubble and plasterboard.
If you’re looking to get rid of some extra furniture, give us a call or send us an email for an obligation free quote.
DC Waste specialise in bulky waste collections, we carry out full house removals on a regular basis and have extensive experience in clearing furniture from houses. A waste collection note for each bulky waste collection will be provided to comply with waste regulations.