Have you tried calling the council to get rid of a bulky piece of furniture or fridge freezer? Don’t want to wait 3 – 6 weeks?
Give DC Waste a call on 07870 459 737.
We can normally collect within the week and we’ll take the item out for you from any room in the house – saving you hassle and the inconvenience of having to keep it outside until the council can come and collect it.
A lot of changes have been announced to Kirklees Council’s waste collections and the types of wastes they will be able to accept at household waste recycling centres. Have a look at our bulky waste collections page for the latest info
As of May 2016, Kirklees council have begun charging residents a minimum of £5 per bulky item, and £20 for some white goods. The council is experiencing massive backlogs in requests for bulky waste collections, making people wait up to 8 weeks before they can collect the furniture
It can be difficult to deal with bulky items like furniture or appliances that need removing from your property, they can be extremely heavy and too big to handle on your own, or even with someone there to help you. Kirklees council offer bulky waste collections but they do have some restrictions
1) The collection staff are not allowed into properties including outhouses, garages or sheds – this means that you have to remove those really heavy and bulky items from your own property.
2) The items to be removed must be placed outside of the property at the time the order for collection is placed with the council – the council then have two weeks to come and pick the items up. Leaving the items on the pavement outside the property could cause an obstruction or the items could become water damaged from being left out in the rain, making them not suitable for re-use.
3) They don’t take certain items such as:
- Builders waste
- Building materials
- Car batteries
- Commercial waste
- Concrete blocks
- DIY waste
- Fence panels/fencing
- Garage doors
- Gas bottles
- Green garden waste
- Patio doors
- Paving slabs
- Plaster board
- Roofing materials
- Stone or cast iron fireplaces
- Storage heaters
- Items larger than 6ft long
- Items heavier than 30kg
DC Waste Management offer on demand waste collection services including house clearance, office clearance and garden clearance in West Yorkshire, Dewsbury, Batley, Huddersfield, Leeds, Bradford and Wakefield areas. We are able to clear bulky items from anywhere on the property in an efficient, professional and timely manner. Any items we remove from your property will be re-used or recycled. Please take a minute to read what some of our clients have said about us.
We are fully insured and are licensed waste carriers with the Environment Agency. If you have any rubbish, waste or disused furniture that needs disposing of please give us a call on 0800 023 5797 or 07870 459 737 or email us and we will give you a call back to discuss your needs. No job is too big or too small.